Pages

Sunday, 28 June 2015

A day amongst the roses

So yesterday hubby and I set off on a three hour drive to Mottisfont Abbey and Gardens to see the famous Walled Rose Garden

We drove through old English picture postcard villages


and past the rockery ( Stonehenge), which always catches me unawares by just how small it really is. 


We watched out for Tanks crossing Salisbury Plain


but we didn't see any as I don't think the Army works weekends

We arrived safely

We didn't go into the house as the weather was too nice so we stayed in the grounds and gardens.










My favourite rose was this one


The stream that ran through the grounds was so clear that you could see the trout in it

Definitely a place to re visit.

If you think you can handle more rose pics then pop over to my garden blog where there are more pics of the rose gardens.

1 comment:

  1. A part of England I have never been to . It looks beautiful .

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx