So yesterday I chained myself to the sewing machine in order to get the Cotton and Steel swap quilt finished.
I managed to get all the piecing done by just after lunch
I wasn't a fan of low volume fabrics but this is the second quilt I've made using them and they are growing on me.
Yesterday afternoon I finished up the quilting. After toying with a few designs I decided on matchstick quilting on all the background, leaving the geese unquilted.
The back of the quilt is the remainder of the low volume fabrics sewn together. This is where I boobed. The corner of the backing folded over on itself and I didn't notice until it was too late.
I think I can hide most of this though with the binding and hanging corners. I've now got to decide what to bind it in. I can't decide whether to stick with the white or use one of the coloured fabrics. I'll have to see what looks best. That'll be tomorrow as hubby and I are off out visiting a local stately home and garden today.