Pages

Tuesday, 16 June 2015

Here I Go Again

In the words of the great David Coverdale, lead singer of Whitesnake, here I go again.



Yes once again I'm dipping my toe into the world of blogging. I was seduced and lured away to Instagram, which I enjoy, but lately I've the urge to blog again. Don't get me wrong, I love IG and the instant responses but sometimes I feel the need to expand the story behind the photos. I'm Welsh after all and we are known for being able to talk the hind leg off a donkey.

So where to start, maybe a little about me?

I'm a housewife from the valleys of Wales in the UK ( not England). I'm a qualified horticulturist ( gardener) and am currently redesigning my garden once again. I grow most of my own plants from seed/cuttings and this season I've incorporated a small veg plot.


 I'm also a keen cook and baker. This year I made a pledge to myself to cook as much as I can from scratch. No bottles or packets. I try and bake every few weeks and it's normally cakes and cupcakes


I've been sewing for nearly 20 years and having done various courses I'm fairly happy with doing all types of patchwork. I also do all my own quilting and have downloaded some classes from Craftsy to help me along with this. I've a slideshow of some of my finished quilts on the side of this blog.

I wasn't sure which quilt to feature here so decided to show you a few of my favourites






I'm a huge fan of the swaps that take place over on Instagram and the last three photos are quilts that I've sent out for some of them.

Well that's it for now, see you soon

6 comments:

  1. LOVE all of your favorite quilts! Beautifully done!! Can't wait to see your works as you share on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts you shared are gorgeous and so is your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts you shared are gorgeous and so is your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog - but you are a no-reply blogger. Just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gina, Thank you for stopping by my blog with a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx