Pages

Thursday, 9 July 2015

Fabric and more fabric

So I've cut my fabric for the Mystery Quilt over at Meadow Mist designs

Fabric A ( yes it really is that bright)
 Fabric B
 Fabric C
 Fabric D
I'm now ready for the next step in August.

I'm a huge Despicable Me fan and when I saw that the Fat Quarter Shop had Minion fabric in I couldn't resist. Yes it cost me nearly as much to ship to the UK as the fabric cost but its Minions

The pack is 13 FQ's and 2 panels and it came this morning

mini minions

 blenders
 not so mini minions
 huge panel 1
 huge panel 2

All this cost just under $55 ( or around £30). I think apart from a couple of plains to border the panels there's enough fabric to give me three bed sized quilts. The only problem is keeping it away from the daughter who's also a huge Minion Fan.
The best part is when we in the UK buy from the US we normally have to pay import duty/tax. Kimberley very kindly marked the envelope from her instead of the shop and marked the value lower than it was so I didn't pay any extra. A huge win.

4 comments:

  1. How fun! I hadn't seen the Minions panel fabric before -- my kids would love that. Good luck with your new project. There's nothing better than cutting into a fresh stack of fabric for a new quilt, is there? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. win win all round. Until recently I was minion ignorant, gradually I see they are taking over the world.
    ps I'm doing the mystery quilt too and my fabrics are pretty bright too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those minions are everywhere, including in the new "Inside Out" but lots of toys appear in the movie. Those brights are going to make a happy quilt! Can't wait to see how your mystery quilt turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your minions!!! So since I visited your blog today I decided to do the Meadow Mist Designs mystery quilt. (I am going completely scrappy--I think). LOVE your colors! I'm freeing myself to do so since I moved so many WIPS off my list.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx