Pages

Friday, 10 July 2015

First finish FAL Q3

Ok so this one I cheated on.

I listed my Starbucks Swap mug rug in the Finish A Long when I only had to sew the binding. It was so I had a good start to the quarter and it needed finishing.

And a close up of the quilting


I've bound it in the purple of the cross. I had just enough to do a single fold binding.

The mug rug finishes at 9" x 9" and is based on a block in the EQ7 design library that I turned on point and added corners. It's a mixture of rotary cut and paper piecing. It's machine quilted in the ditch using monofilament, motifs in aqua and finally in the outer blue pieces a serpentine in blue.
Pictured is a Starbucks Global Icons mug for Cardiff, my local city. Part of the swap is to send a local Starbucks mug. I won't send this one though as I prefer the Wales mug. The castles are better on it plus it has the Welsh Dragon. I just need to buy one.

13 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I see all these amazing quilted mug rugs, and I'm such a messy coffee drinker - I could never bring myself to use something so lovely! I'd rather mess up my table! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting you chose adds a lot to the mug rug and the purple binding offsets it all very nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these colours are lovely. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! Beautiful quilting! Can you add a link to TGIFF! so your readers can find us too? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very nice design and beautiful colors, I love it Gina! Visiting from Crafty Comment Karma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really pretty piece and you did a wonderful job of enhancing the design with your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic vibrant mug mat. You're one busy quilt maker. Love all the gazillion projects you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how pretty! And I love the idea of swapping Starbucks mugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun color combo and good start to a quarter! I haven't made my list yet :) Good luck with the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is totally a legit FAL tactic - it's always nice to get off to a good start! Great finish, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx