Pages

Sunday, 19 July 2015

FNSI ( and Sunday Morning)


SO I decided to join Wendy and most of the sewing world in the Friday Night Sew In . Ok so my Friday night was probably Australia's Saturday Morning and the US's Friday morning but I was there in spirit. ( and this morning but as that's not Friday so doesn't count )
I even put my best PJ's on for the occasion.


and then settled down to work on THE quilt. Yes that one.
 By the way hubby weighed it just for a joke. It weighs 7lbs! My daughter didn't weigh that much when she was born

 See you can get to the centre of a 120" quilt. It's not easy but you can


But look at this


Yes, my sewing table is all empty. That can only mean one thing. No I haven't cut it up for dusters, but it was close once or twice.

LOOK


It's done ( and facing the wrong way on the sofa) Lets not count the fact that I need to bind it. That'll be a wrestling match for another day.

OK time to prepare yourself for loads of pics of the blocks and quilting. No apologies given.




























I think this deserves a large glass of wine and a bar of chocolate, don't you?

( When it's got it's binding on I'll edit/update this and link to FAL Q3 as one of my finishes)
To see who else I'll be linking to click the Tab that says Linky's at the top of the blog

17 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm thinking glass of wine is OK but a single bar of chocolate isn't enough to celebrate this one :) I loved looking at your blocks and your quilting. I'm afraid I'm a wimp. I don't want to contemplate quilting that large a quilt on my domesic machine, let alone attempting that dense quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on your lovely quilt. I love it and the quilting is just divine. I just it when a long term project is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful work! Your quilting really enhances the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt and the quilting is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! that is such a lovely quilt and great quilting too - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very impressive and beautiful quilting. That's a challenge doing on your machine, well done! Colours, shapes and especially quilting, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very impressive and beautiful quilting. That's a challenge doing on your machine, well done! Colours, shapes and especially quilting, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your quilt is stunning, I take it from your comments this has been a labour of love! Well done, I hope you now get to admire and love it for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you. It's actually being gifted to some one as to be honest it's not my style

      Delete
  10. Oh!! Nicely done!!! What a great quilting job. My largest was a 98 x 112, so you have me beat by quite a bit more. Just the binding to get on and you'll have a really lovely king size quilt! Kudos for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow gorgeous. you are braver than I to tackle it but did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Impressive doing this wonderful quilting on a domestic machine. The binding is my least favorite part of any quilt! Hope it goes smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful. What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous quilt Gina! Curved seams, appliqué, loads and loads of FMQ - you really deserved wine and chocolate. Best of luck with the binding. You will deserve ice cream for that.

    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx