Pages

Thursday, 2 July 2015

My Animal swap is ready to fly

My last swap that has to be mailed is the Animal Swap.

In this one you named three animals that you liked ( mine were owl, pig and orangutan ) and then your partner made three items for you based on these items.

My partner just said owls and birds for her animals. So a limited choice but this did make life easier.

First up is a stitchery owl. This is based on something I saw on pinterest. I used an Anchor perle type thread in multi variegated. To be honest it was a bit thick for the fabric but I love the effect. The leaves are in a plain green stranded cotton.


I've made this into a cushion/pillow case using the quilt as you go method
 and backed with a multi green with an envelope closure.

Next up is a basket made with machine embroidered birds


I experimented with Zentangle type quilting with each of these and all four are different




I wasn't sure at first but they have grown on me and I'd quite happily do something like this again.

Finally my last make is a mug rug and coasters.


Yes I know it's not a bird but since the start of the swap my partner has got a German Shepherd pup so I thought it would be appropriate to make something inspired by this. The silhouette is a free one from Google Images and the paw prints are free drawn by myself. They are all raw edge appliqued on a scrappy background using Bond a web/Wonderweb.

This will all be mailed out this afternoon and I plan to have a day off sewing and concentrate on the garden tomorrow, weather permitting

10 comments:

  1. Lucky swap partner they are gorgeous! The owl is fantastic, how big is he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic finishes! Love these

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really lovely. I particularly like your owl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great swap items. Stalking partners pays off, right? The German Shepherd is so great, and that owl! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your birds are beautiful in that great finishes. I
    Your mug rug and coasters are so funny. You are a great partner for a swap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your owl is so beautiful! You don't happen to have a link to the pattern, do you? I'm in a swap and my partner loves owls too.

    I do hope you'll link this post up to this week's Stitchery Link Party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative you are. The embroidered birds a la zentangle are great. I agree the owl is interesting. Sometimes breaking rules really looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all fabulous! I LOVE the owl. And your mug rug and coasters are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just popping back to thank you for adding this post to last week's Stitchery Link Party. I've got the pattern printed out and am just waiting until I can get to one of the local shops so I can find some variegated floss to make it with as I love your version.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx