Pages

Saturday, 22 August 2015

My Sesame Street Moment


CAUTION: Ear Worm Alert

Yesterday I took part in Wendy's FNSI.

I decided to play catch up with the Meadow Mist Mystery Quilt. This month's instructions were to make flying geese using the no waste method.
.
 That's when I had my Sesame Street moment.


All together now " one of these units doesn't look like the others. One of these units is not the same"

 No I don't know how I managed to do it either. It's all sorted now though and I'm caught up.

I've also made a start on my Under The Ocean swap. With this you have two options, your partner names three marine creatures and then you can either make three small items, one themed of each creature or a larger, mini quilt combining them all. I've gone for the quilt.


 I've decided to use HST's as chevrons in various blues and batiks to represent sea floor to sky.
I've sewn together the first two rows
 and got the next one ready to sew together
 I've also cut out the squares for the other rows, each HST will finish at 2".

Once it's all pieced I'm aiming to embellish it with applique, hand and machine embroidery and machine quilting.

Well that's all I managed yesterday. I'm off now to see what the others got up to

7 comments:

  1. Ypu managed quite a bit. I love those fabrics you have ben playing with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ......"earworm alert"....love that! I manage to mix up my seams everytime I am sewing together quilt pieces....somewhere between cutting table and machine, something happens...I am not sure what! I love the chevron seabed to sky idea....I think chevrons were made for that very idea........."one of these blocks is not like the other.....lalalalalala"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty fabrics that you have chosen for the mini quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had days like that. Glad that you were able to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty fabrics. It's going to lovely when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gina do you ever sleep? So much on the go, and so much accomplished. You're amazing. I haven't done my flying geese yet. Need to get off here, walk Rocco, and then maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had my own issues with those flying geese. Yours look lovely in the end. The ocean quilt looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx