Pages

Sunday, 16 August 2015

Weak Moments

First up it's not my fault. I'm blaming my friend Celine for this.
When she was at the Festival of Quilts she signed up for a Block of the Day with the Gourmet Quilter. I'd seen the quilt and hadn't really thought much about it. After she mentioned signing up though the quilt started to whisper to me, and then shout, So to shut it up I too have signed up.
The idea is simple, starting January next year, you get emailed 7 block patterns a week to make which eventually be sewn into a 84" square quilt. There will be 365 4" blocks making up this quilt.
At the moment there is a code giving you a third off the price of the pattern and the quilt and details can be found HERE

Next up another pattern purchase and news of a Blog Hop that I'll be participating in.

Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts has released a new quilt pattern


Sew Fresh Quilts

Isn't it cute. She'll be blogging it as a sew along in the Autumn but you can also buy the pattern now and in October take part in the Blog Hop of finished quilts. Looks like I'll be on a fabric buying frenzy this week. Haven't narrowed down a palette yet. 

And talking of sewing I've been doing a bit, and I do mean a bit, of hand sewing. 

Scrap Hexies. 
I had a magazine given me a few months back that came with 500  2" (ish)paper hexagons so I decided to use them and make a scrap bed quilt. Well I say bed quilt. it depends how long it takes me to get bored with it. It could end up a cuddle quilt. or even a table topper. 

4 comments:

  1. Love that doggie quilt...may have to think about doing that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Gina,

    You are lucky to have been given the magazine with the hexie papers, a good project to use up those bits and pieces of fabrics.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha you're making me snicker. Bed quilt, cuddle quilt...table topper. That doggone quilt is sure cute; I'm seeing it all over the 'net. Haven't caved...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doggone it , them there dawgs are damn cute .
    But 365 blocks in the quilt along , will you ever sleep ?

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx