Pages

Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Finally Caught Up

I don't normally sew on a Monday as it's my housework day. It didn't quite go as planned though so I had a chance to catch up with some more Twenty Twenty BOM blocks

Block 6

6"

12"

 Block 7

12"


 6"


 Block 8

6"

12"

As Block 8 was only available from yesterday I am completely caught up until November.

I also managed to get October's block for the Europa Bee I'm in. Celine requested a pineapple block in white and solids.


I always seem to have a mental block with this block. I've done it loads of times. I write all the info on the paper pattern, even colour out a copy but still I always manage to get lost making it. I'm not saying how many times I undid various parts of this block but it looks ok now it's finished.

When I was making block 7 of the Turning Twenty BOM I used the stitch and flip method of making the pinwheel. The 12" version gave me four decent size HST's left over. I sewed these together to make a pinwheel


Added a border


and now I've got another mug rug. Once I've quilted this it will go on my emergency birthday pile for those days that daughter or mum tells me "It's .........birthday tomorrow and I didn't realise, Have you got anything I could use for a present."

Right seeing as I didn't get any housework done yesterday guess what I'm doing for the rest of the day.

8 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics in your Twenty Twenty BOM blocks, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great blocks.....loving that pineapple block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, you should definitely give up on the housework more often. Your blocks are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely collection of blocks - the 12" pinwheel is an interesting block. Grat pineapple block too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great blocks, will make a wonderful quilt. Visiting from Let's Bee Social.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blocks - what a productive day you had! Love the pineapple block haven't made one yet myself so interesting to read that you colour a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow if ever there was an argument against housework you just made it!!! Great blocks and the colors in the pineapple quilt are to die for...makes you want a whole quilt in those cheerful colors !

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great! Love the colors. Came by way of Sew Fresh Quilts and am new to your blog. Will be sure to come back!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx