Pages

Saturday, 17 October 2015

Friday Night Sew In Catch Up

Friday just gone was the monthly Sew In hosted by Wendy. As usual I signed up to join the community of sewers from around the world. I decided to take the opportunity to catch up on some QAL's and BOM's that I've got behind on.


First up the Meadow Mist Mystery that I was two months behind on.

September's instructions were to make square in a square blocks


 and October was to make huge Courthouse Steps blocks ( 19")


I'm now caught up again with this.

Next I moved on to the Turning Twenty Mystery BOM. I'm amazingly behind on this. I had two blocks done and on Monday block 8 will be published. The quilt looks like it has a combination of 12" and 6" blocks, as you make two for each instruction.

Block 3 (12")


6"
 Block 4 (12")

6"

Block 5 (12")
 6"

That's it for Friday. Once I started getting tired I stopped as I was starting to make silly mistakes. I still haven't caught up completely but I'm not quite so far behind now. Hopefully I'll get a day next week to completely catch up. I'll have another block to do come Monday anyway as that's when the new instructions will be out.
That's it for sewing this weekend. Today I spent all day in the kitchen so tomorrow I'll be sharing pics of what I baked. Those on a diet may not want to look.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blocks and you have achieved a lot for FNSI

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours in your Meadowmist are gorgeous!19" sounds massive though. Looking forward to your baking pics. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have certainly caught up a lot. Such pretty fabrics that you are working with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's tempting to finish what you are doing but always a good idea to stop when you get tired! I love the fabrics and colours you are using for Turning Twenty. Will you come and visit me at Bits'nBobs on Monday and Link Up at Design Board Monday? This post would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabrics you are using for the mystery quilt! It will be interesting with two sizes of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look fabulous! I really like the fabrics you are using for the mystery quilt, I can't wait to see how this comes together, it's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a lot accomplished for one day. Good luck on getting caught up with the rest this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness you achieved alot. Well done on getting closer to your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness you achieved alot. Well done on getting closer to your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You got a lot of work finished. It's surprising sometimes how long it takes to make individual blocks. I envy folks who can stay up sewing - 9pm is pretty much my solid curfew on sewing or everything is just one mistake after another

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for linking Gina!....I hope you will be a regular on DBM :)
    Cathxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of time on fnsi Gina .... I must follow your lead! I have so many BOMs and WIPs thanks for joining in. Xox :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness you were busy, beautiful blocks and such a lot of sewing caught up with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your stars. Over from Lynette's blog. Looks like so far all of us made stars except for one sweet duckie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Catching up on blog reading . I really have to catch up or make a start in my meadow mist quilt . Is the twenty quilt made up of swoon blocks ? They look pretty big to me

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx