Pages

Thursday, 1 October 2015

I'm back with a long to do list

What do you know, nothing from me for over a month and now three posts in a day.

I do have a bit of a confession. I was diagnosed with chronic anxiety and clinical depression 20 years ago. Most days I'm fine, just a little eccentric but now and again the gloom descends and I sort of shut off from the world. There is no one trigger point. Sometimes it's a sudden drop, other times more of a slow descent. There's no magic pill, therapy etc that has helped I just have to go with it and wait until I come out the other end. So that's where I've been. I've done very little sewing due to lack of energy, other than getting out my swaps. To be honest I've done very little of anything to write about, so I didn't. I'm sure I'll make up for it in the following weeks though.

So it's the beginning of October so it's time for a to do list to get myself back into the groove.

To Quilt

Starburst Table Runner - a pattern test for a friend. I need to get permission before I show it

Atlantis - I managed to finish hand sewing the border so it's ready for sandwiching

To Progress

Meadow Mist Mystery - I'm two months behind on this
Turning Twenty Mystery - I'm a few blocks behind on this
Classic Meets Modern - I need to make the blocks up into a top ready for quilting

To start and finish

Dog Gone Cute - I'm part of the blog hop this month so need to get cracking
Golden Age of Hollywood Swap - due out November 1. I know what I want to make though
Europa Bee block 

I'm sure that this list will change as I'm going along but it's only a guideline. If I only manage to cross off a few things I'll be happy.

5 comments:

  1. Totally understand . . . glad you are setting goals again. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally get it as well. I fade out of the picture for a week or so when I feel tired, and it sounds like you are dealing with more than I am. Don't let the list get you down, you are incredibly productive when you are up! THinking of you .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are feeling better. :) Seeing the amazing work you shared began my morning with a smile. Your list is quite ambitious. I look forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was worried about you , good to see you again xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to hear you are out the other end. Be kind to yourself as you recover.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx