Pages

Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Natures Palette

We've had some fabulous skies here lately so I thought I'd have a bit of fun with some pics I've taken.

There are some great sites around that will pick out various colours of a photo to help you build up a palette. Some will even pick out the exact solid fabric match. These are a great idea if you are never sure if some colour combinations will work. I tend to use them as inspiration if I see flower colour combination I like so I can pick out my own choice of fabrics.

The one I found will not only pick out the colours but match them to  Moda Bella Solids. It can be found HERE. I have seen ones that do the same with Kona aswell.

So a bit of fun with some sky pics.

First up Sunset





Next up dawn




And finally a full moon pic from the night before last. I was hanging out the bedroom for this one. 





And finally because you know how I love bright colours



I quite fancy a quilt in those colours.

6 comments:

  1. That is a great web app - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder about this web app, which I already HAD bookmarked! LOL. Need to play with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool site! Love the pics you chose and what it did for them. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an ace tip, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures and what a wonderful idea to match up the colours like that. I must remember that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that looks like lots of fun!.....thanks for linking at Fun Friday Favourites at Cath@Home

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx