Pages

Thursday, 22 October 2015

Starburst Table Runner

Remember the table runner that I pattern tested for an Instagram friend


I've finally quilted and finished it.

This was my original quilting plan

But because of all the seams my machine wasn't happy about doing as many bubbles as I had originally planned.

I did them in the centre of the star as planned, in a toning blue.


The background I split into sections using a pale blue to give the effect of the star bursting


I then quilted parallel matchstick lines outside the starbursts. The lines are parallel to the borders so go horizontal and vertical.



I echoed the centre of the quilt by quilting two parallel lines filled with bubbles in the border.


It was bound using the pink from the star points.


The completed runner


This is one of my finishes for FALQ4 and there is a list to the sites that I'm linking to HERE

13 comments:

  1. That's come out great! Your quilting choices really complement the shapes in the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is exquisite . It's the crowning touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love feathered stars, and your quilting is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilting! Though you had to deviate from your original plan, it doesn`t show in the finished project! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. I love the centre star with the star points. Wonderful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is STUNNING Gina! How I love it! You need to enter it in the Bloggers' Quilt Festival! Beautifully done, the piecing and the quilting...just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilting! I love to see how other people choose to quilt things. Sometimes that's the hardest part of a finish. Drawing a diagram like you did is the ticket, I think, taking away some of the visual information to focus on the structure. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning quilting, particularly the centre of the star! Beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Beautifully done. The quilting is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, this is really neat, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Fantastic quilting here. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Gina,

    Fantastic quilting, so much packed into a small space, and every bit as effective as the original drawn plan.

    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx