Pages

Sunday, 25 October 2015

Still Stitching Slowly


I'm still stitching my mammoth Heaven and Earth cross stitch. I haven't given up yet.

Two weeks ago I was here

 This morning I'm here


This represents just under 600 stitches as you can see from the chart


I haven't done as much as I wanted but I've been waiting for a frame. I don't normally use them but this is so big ( 2ft x 2ft) and will be such slow going I thought I'd better use one. I was lucky enough to find a 40" frame on Amazon.


It currently occupies it's own chair at the dining table. The big black mass on the floor is Stan photo bombing.
I'm following in quite a few footsteps and I've put a pic of the completed cross stitch and a stitch counter on my sidebar so I can see how I'm progressing. I just need to remember to update it.

The blogs I'm linking this up with can be found listed HERE

9 comments:

  1. I have a couple HAED designs in progress - oh, they do take a bit of time (haha) to put together but I love them! Yours is coming along nicely. Are you using a floor stand to hold your frame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your still stitching and I'm still following. Glad you found a frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The frame will help. Happy slow stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remember that this is a long-term project. Also, keep posting before and after photos. They definitely help you see your progress. Believe me I know. I am in the midst of a fairly large cross-stitch myself. I am looking forward to watching this grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a HAED design all kitted up and ready to go, it will be my first one and I'm a bit intimidated by all those stitches, I've been watching Flosstube to give me the courage to start it, lol. You've made a good start with yours, and I definitely think it's a good idea to use a frame with such a big project

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a long term project! Looking forward to seeing it each week and watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have I got this right......you are cross stitching the Orion Nebula picture on your side bar? Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, that is a lot of work! A frame's a great idea, I used to use them all the time when I did embroidery and enjoyed working on them a lot. I hope you had a great weekend stitching and made some more progress. It's great to see things coming along, even if it is slow going.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx