Pages

Sunday, 11 October 2015

(very) Slow Stitching Sunday

Well I've made a start on the mammoth Heaven and Earth cross stitch for the hubby


I think you can tell how slow this one's going to be. In the less than an inch by half an inch is 179 stitches of black. Each little drawn out square is 100 stitches.

390,625 stitches later it should look like this


I told hubby I'll have it finished by the Solstice, I'm just not telling him which one and what year.

Quilty wise I've still been plugging away at my hexagons. It's grown slightly since my last update

There's a few more rosettes been added and some more still to attach. I've run out of prepared hexies now so will spend the next few weeks making some more up.

Linking up to Slow Stitching Sunday

13 comments:

  1. Both projects are major undertakings ! :) Love to see the hexies grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those projects will keep you busy and out of trouble for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very slow stitching projects for sure! But as long as we are having fun it doesn't matter. Each stitch gets us closer to the end

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm in awe ... both these projects are major works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are major works indeed. If it were my hubbie's cross stitch I think it might be solstice 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL... that's a huge undertaking! It could be light years until it's done!
    Thanks for linking up and contributing to a wonderful Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my what a project! I'm sure it'll be fab if you are able to finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing your HAED progress so far! The stitches are so small it feels like it takes forever to see much of a difference, but it is oh-so-fun to watch! :) I love your hexie piece too. I may have to be brave enough to try them some day. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love cross stitch but it's too slow for me now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!! That stitchery is going to be superb at that scale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!! That stitchery is going to be superb at that scale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your heaven and earth project will be stunning when finished. I don't think my aging eyes would let me tackle such a project so I will enjoy following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am just gobsmacked (ha) over that Heaven and Earth project....how do you SEE to stitch those teeny things??!! I keep wanting to start an EPP hexie project...I did a giant one yesterday, 8.5"!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx