Pages

Monday, 2 November 2015

Dusting Off an old UFO

I wasn't planning on doing any sewing on the weekend but after cleaning my machine it only seemed right that I tried her out.

One of the WIP's I've listed in my FALQ4 is the Tula Pink Sampler. I don't think I'll get it finished by the end of the year but it's good to progress it.

I'd done the first 60 out of the hundred blocks. As you can see I'm using bright and pastel batiks


And here are blocks 61-66 that I made on Sunday







I'm hoping to get a few more done this week to take the tally up to 70.

I've also started a few more mug rugs ( yes I know surprising). These are Pay it Forward gifts from a month or so ago on Instagram. I want them away for the end of the week.

15 comments:

  1. This reminds me that I ought to get my sampler quilt finished.......I only had to make 9 blocks! 100 is a lot.....how big are they? So happy that you linked up at Bits 'n Bobs for Design Board Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow - aqua combination of these blocks on Cooking Up Quilts Main Crush Monday. And they are batiks too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love batiks and you have some beauties! You are well on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you put your blocks all together, they look a lot like a water color painting. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kate; I really like the watercolor look they have. It's so pretty! I have never made a quilt using batiks but would like to do so some time. I like the soft colors you are using. Lovely! Thanks for linking up to MCM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Your ambition is certainly paying of. It's going to be absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabrics you are using are so pretty! I bet your machine was really purring after the big cleanout - gosh what a lot of fluff that was, I've never taken off the case myself, it looks scary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew thats a lot of blocks! What is the finished size of each one?

    ReplyDelete
  9. 70 blocks...! Out of 100! Meep. Congrats on keeping at it, it's going to be great once it's all together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got some Tula Pink blocks hidden away as well. I think my total is something like 10. Interesting to see them done in batiiks. They are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colours in your batik fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha, I thought of mine just yesterday! Haven't done a thing in months. Only 15 or 16 blocks but two sets of them as they'll be quilts for each daughter. I should work on this 'with' you...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work Gina - lovely colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look great and it will be fun to see it finished. Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blocks. Glad you are playing along!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx