Pages

Saturday, 7 November 2015

FNWF

The first Friday of the new month is always a world wide sewing night with internet friends Hubby calls them my invisible friends). It's an excuse to put your pj's on, get a takeaway and spend all evening sewing. This Friday was no exception.

First up I sewed this week's blocks for the Seeing Stars BOM

First up the 12" block


And here is the 6"

This is a bit of a mystery quilt as we don't know what stars we are going to sew until they are published. The Twenty Twenty girls did post a sneak picture of the setting for the finished quilt. It's a great setting but  I have no idea what fabric I'm going to use. I may be asking for help with this one.

These blocks were quick and easy so I also had time to make the next step on the Meadow Mist mystery quilt.

This month I used these units from previous months



To make these units.

 
Some of which became these units.


 I also made a few HST's which became these units.


I am really excited to see how these are going to fit in around the large Courthouse Steps blocks from last month.
This is my first proper mystery quilt and I am loving it. Cheryl has already started designing next years and I will be definitely be sewing along.

My daughter then threw me off my machine as she wanted to use it for her costuming so I ended the evening hand sewing some bindings on some mug rugs to send off.


You'll see the front of then in a post sometime this week.

Right I'm off to the link up Cheryll's blog to see what the rest of my invisible friends were up to yesterday.

6 comments:

  1. soo productive Gina...lovely blocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mystery quilts Gina and yours are coming along nicely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have invisibly friends too ? My daughter keeps saying , their not real you know . But I know you are ! Must join the Friday night sewing , if I can combine it with my Friday night glass of red . Is it via ig?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps I still haven't started my mystery quilt .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mystery quilt is coming along beautifully. I really like the colors you are using. I'm looking forward to seeing how all these pieces come together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mystery quilt pieces and parts look awesome! I almost wish now that I had switched my B and C fabrics, but c'est la vie!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx