Pages

Thursday, 10 December 2015

Doesn't time fly....

When you are having computer problems.

Yes I'm back after another blogging break. This one was due to Chrome being a funny bugger and choosing to work only when it felt like it. Hopefully it's sorted now.
Also I haven't been able to get in my sewing room for a few weeks. We are redoing the bathroom and most of it has been stored in my sewing room. As a result I haven't been able to get in it to sew. We are nearly done with that so I can get to my sewing machine again.

I've managed some small projects this week so I do have something to show you.

First up I have some more mug rugs.

This one is a spare block from my Gypsy Wife quilt that will go in my present pile.


This one is a gift to someone who likes modern and bright colours.

I free pieced the multi coloured strips, sewed them to some grey fabric and then squared it off. I decided to be a bit different with the quilting. Basically I just followed the seam lines across the grey. I quite like the effect and may try it again on the right project.

Something different is the casserole carrier I've made my friend





She likes pink and sparkly and I think I've succeeded. the pattern is here at Craftsy.

I've also got a couple more finishes but I don't want to show one until it's been received and the other will have a post of it's own.

I've had a look at my blog post reading list and it's into four figures so I'm sorry but I've just marked them all as read. Please let me know if I've missed anything important.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are some great heart-made gifts! Lovely finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely gifts...the casserole carrier is a great idea. My unread posts lists gets too high sometimes, too, I just take a deep breath and start again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bathroom is in your sewing room, bahaha! That made me grin, and cringe for reasons I am sure you will be able to appreciate! Love love your mug rugs. I made a casserole carrier several years ago for my sister, cut out one for me at the same time...here it sits 15 years later...or did I give it away when I gave a ton of sewing stuff away when we moved?! Glad you are back in QBL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are back. I'm having a bit of a break from blogging myself for the same reason...only in my case it's computers. I work best on the one lap top which needs a new battery and now has totally conked out. It's taking forever for the battery to get here. I think someone is hand stitching it. Oh well you gotta laugh.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx