Pages

Sunday, 14 February 2016

Bees and Boms

I have done next to no sewing this month, mainly because we are redecorating but also I've been concentrating on my cross stitch ( more on that in another post).

I have made my Stash Bee block for Shari for February. She posted HERE that she wanted a Heart Block in pinks. reds and/or aquas.

I couldn't just make one as it was such an easy block so I made one in pink and one in aqua



( I have no idea why the aqua one has rotated).

The block is only 8" and made by the stitch and flip method in the corners. As a result I had some triangles left over after trimming. I sewed them together into HSTs, trimmed them and made this


At 6" ( finished) it's a bit small but once I bordered it it'll be turned into a mug rug and added to my emergency present pile.

The new block for the Blossom Heart HST quilt came out last monday and I did get around to making it.


As you can see I've changed colours from last month. I will now be using pink for this QAL and the 365 block quilt ( of which I have done none this month).

Hopefully I can get all caught up this week as a new QAL started today. The Splendid Sampler is being run by Pat Sloan and consists of 100 6" blocks.( two blocks a week). These will be designed by various designers and will consist of pieced, appliqued and stitchery blocks. I'm not going to follow any colour scheme for this like my other two QALs. I shall just be using my scraps and a low volume background where appropriate.

1 comment:

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx