Pages

Monday, 28 March 2016

Finally Caught Up

After being at least two weeks behind with the 365 Quilt Block  Challenge I put the pedal to the metal this weekend and finally caught up. As the blocks are posted midnight Australian time I've even done tomorrow's.

The blocks feature Log Cabin variations and mitred corners which strangely enough I enjoy doing.



You have no idea how long that little 3" block took to make

A couple of 6" blocks



 back to the 3" blocks



 Some more 6" blocks


todays block and we seem to be moving onto partial seams


 Sunday's block was a b*****d to do. It's a 6" block and full of mitred seams. I could not make any headway with machining it and got into a right mess. There was only one thing to do


Draw out the block on graph paper, make up templates  and hand sew the block




Took a bit more time but alot less stress.
There are only two blocks left for this month and I'm glad as after today's nightmare I am rapidly running out of yellow fabric.

7 comments:

  1. I love these blocks! I bet hand piecing the block didn't take as long as attempting to machine stitch it, unpick it all three times, cut more fabric because the original pieces had frayed out, before finally turning to hand piecing for the solution ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yellow is so cheery and what fun (and agony sometimes) to meet the challenge of finishing and trying new methods! Also your modern HST blocks are beautifil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow is so cheery and what fun (and agony sometimes) to meet the challenge of finishing and trying new methods! Also your modern HST blocks are beautifil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOw, you have done well. Some of those blocks look like right bas***ds. Good on you for sticking with it. I too love the yellows. Good work Missus :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks - and what a great way to bust some scraps! Good work! Thanks for linking up for the I May Have a Scrap Problem show-and-tell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully! I thought I was the only one on the planet to do this on this 365 Challenge block....3 of mine are how hand-pieced. It was the only way to save me from pulling out my hair!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx