Pages

Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Let it Be March

OK so now I've finally finished up all February's sewing I can start this month.

I started out by turning over my Calendar so ladies say hello to Mr March ( and friends)


If you feel able to carry on then I will show you some blocks.

First up the Stash Quilt Bee


Bonnie asked for a Disappearing 4 patch in white, aqua and brown. I was lucky in having just enough of the brown, a colour I don't use, to make the two blocks. We only needed to send the one but it was so quick to make up I decided to make another to keep in company.

Next up is the Blossom Heart Bee

Abigail asked for the Spinwheel with very specific colour placement. We have to make two blocks for this Bee



 As you can see with specific colour placement you get a secondary pattern when the blocks are put together.



I had a load of cut offs as we made the flying geese units using the stitch and flip method. I've pressed and trimmed these down to 2.5"

  I used 4 to make a signature block as Abigail requested me send one along with her main blocks.
 The rest I will make into a table runner or mug rugs.

Finally I've got around to doing the next block in the Modern HST Sampler.


It's called Mountain and in keeping with my rainbow theme for this year's QAL's it's in this month's colour which came out of the hat as yellow.

3 comments:

  1. I love that yellow block! It's lovely to see you sewing again xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bee blocks. But that calendar....swoon! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer Gina-! -I feel like such a slacker!!!! ...what no baking or gardening ??? Lol!! you are a productive girl!!! All your projects look great!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx