Pages

Monday, 9 May 2016

And we have a finish

Yes ladies I have finished something from my to do list.


 It's what my hubby calls the longest scarf in the world. I just need to sew in some ends. Although it's a scarf pattern as I've made this a lot longer than directed as I can also use it as a Summer Stole/Shawl.

The pattern is free from Ravelry and my most complicated knit to date.


The wool is slightly fluffy with a thin metallic silver thread running through it


I'm a self taught knitter and am still learning. I love the lace look though and I'm trying to concentrate those type of patterns.
I'm now on the lookout for a lacy long cardigan pattern to have a go at.

6 comments:

  1. Good idea making this longer for any cooler nights i Summer and I love the way those wonderful colours merge gradually. This must be a very fine wool, at least it looks as if it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your scarf is VERY pretty. I used to knit and, like you, I like the lacy look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and looks so soft. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love lacy patterns and the shading in your wool is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ombré effect of this knit . I started a very fine lacy scarf a while ago but lost the will to live !

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx