Pages

Thursday, 5 May 2016

May to do list

So I've decided I work better with a deadline, as proved with all the swap quilts I made last year. In the effort to actually get something achieved ( apart from Bee blocks) this month I'm making a to do list and putting it out there so I'm accountable for it.

It's not going to be the biggest list in the world, after all it's gardening season and I tend to spend quite a bit of time working in my garden.  Also it's a bit of a mixed bag of what I want to finish and what I want to progress.

Right then off we go.

First up is my knitting

I'm making a scarf/wrap/pashmina type thing in a fluffy variegated wool. I'd like to get this finished so I can use it this summer.

Next up is something I'd like to get to flimsy stage


This pile of fabric is nearly a quilt. It's a mystery SAL quilt that's made up of 6" and 12" blocks. I've two of each to make up and then start putting it together.

Next is something I have to start and get to top stage


This is a fabric pull for a baby cot /play quilt for the daughter's boss. The baby isn't due until July but I want to be ready in case he/she comes early

Finally something to quilt and call a finish. I've a couple of wall sized quilts to choose from but I can't find any pics of them. You'll just have to use your imagination. Anyway I'd like to get one of these done.

So that's my list. Not too bad and hopefully achievable. Of course on top of this I've a few Bee blocks to make just to keep things interesting.

I'm off to a garden show tomorrow. I've been saving my pennies ready. I spend more at a garden show than I do at a quilt show. Hubby is coming along to try ( and fail) keep control. If nothing else he'll be useful for carrying the bags.

2 comments:

  1. Although useful as a bag carrier my husband usually acts as a deterrent to spending . Even if he says nothing . I love your scarf . Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that knitting! Good luck with your list!

    P.S. I hope you spent all your pennies at the garden show?!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx