Pages

Thursday, 11 August 2016

Sleeping Under the Stars

So my new quilt project is a big tweak on a quilt by Konda Luckau called Galaxy that was in Mccalls Quilting back last year or the year before.


You can find the pattern details here.

Now in an effort to keep my sewing room clutter free ( yes I know ) any magazine quilts that I like I redraw in EQ so I can get rid of the magazine. I do keep a note though of what the quilt is called and who designed it so I can give due recognition. But being in EQ it also means I have a chance, if I want to, to tweak the design. Now I don't do this to sell the design or claim it as mine. It's for my own personal pleasure and use as I very rarely make someone else's quilt exactly as they intend.

Anyway I'm straying a bit. A workmate of the hubby has just bought his first house with his girlfriend. They are a lovely young couple and I thought I'd  take the opportunity to make a quilt for them. I did run it past them first just to make sure and to ask for a colour scheme if they had one in mind. They said yes please and light blues. I immediately thought Stars for some reason. Saw Galaxy in EQ and started to play around with the block slightly. I've kept the basic shape of the block but altered the stars slightly.

This is my block. a mix of foundation and normal piecing.


and the quilt when finished will look similar to


It'll be made with a white background and the stars will be a mix of light blues. As you may have guessed from the title of this post it's called Sleeping Under the Stars and I've promised it to them before Christmas. There's a good chance you'll be seeing quite alot of this quilt in the coming weeks.

7 comments:

  1. I really like how you've changed the pattern, so much so that I've signed up to follow you--I have to see the finished quilt! Besides, you seem to have a very interesting blog....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you. I hope you continue to enjoy what you see xx

      Delete
  2. Oh I like the look of your latest project! You're brave committing to a finish before Christmas, I'm looking forward to watching progress here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how this will look , a very generous present too taking in all your time . They love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you have tweaked the design. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx