Pages

Sunday, 18 December 2016

Resolutions and Goals

Oh my, how long as it been since I visited blogland. Is anyone still out there and if so how are you.

Yes I know I've been a bad, bad blogger. Trouble is I've been so busy sewing that I haven't had time to blog. So in an effort to be more organised I've decided to join in with Yvonne's Quilty goals linky party.


2017 Planning Party


So what are my goals for 2017.

1.  It's going to be the year of the UFO/Wip. That's right I'm clearing out the boxes and baskets under my sewing table. I'll be finishing off quilts and quilting tops. I'm not aiming to start anything new. How long I'll be able to resist starting anything new remains to be seen but I can but try.

2. I haven't signed up for any bees, swaps, mysteries, sew alongs etc. I am in one bee which finishes March but that's it. It's sewing for me and me alone. ( although the quilts I do finish will probably end up in other's hands).

3. Watch my Craftsy classes. Yes I have 5 classes in my Craftsy account. All quilting and I haven't watched one lesson. This is the year. After all I've plenty of quilt tops to practice on, just look at the list on my side bar.

4. Be a better blogger. I can't believe it's been three months since my last post. This has to change. I have ( and will have )  quilts to show off. I think if I aim for once a week blogging I should be able to manage.

5. Personal. Its the normal story, over weight and under exercised. I began going to Yoga in September and I love it. I now do 3 hours a week in classes. I want to start timetabling 30 mins a day to dedicate to practising. It is doing something for me. My bingo wings are disappearing and I can start seeing muscle definition in my thighs. As the days start to get longer again, after Thursday's Solstice, I'll be pounding the streets on my walks. At one stage I was fast pace walking 5 miles a day but I went on holiday and never restarted. I need to sort out my eating habits now. I enjoy cooking and love fruit and veg. Lately though I've a nasty habit of reaching for the biscuits/cookies/cake with my coffee instead of having something nutritious and filling. After the Christmas excesses this will have to swap as I'll be cutting down on the buying and making of all the goodies and making sure the fruit bowl is fuller than the cookie jar.

Well, that's it. Hopefully in 12 months time I will have hardly any WIPS/UFOs left on my lists in the sidebar and there'll be a bit less of me that wobbles and bounces as I walk.

12 comments:

  1. A very ambitious list of goals! Good luck! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you here and glad you've set a goal to blog more often (along with all those other good things you've listed).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand how things can get in the way of blogging. I hope that you find a rhythm with writing that works for you in 2017. I wish you a wonderful 2017 and thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound like great goals to me - good luck with them all and I am looking forward to seeing more on your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh but I love the cookie jar. I have tried to be good too though. It looks as if you have set good and healthy goals for yourself in 2017. Sewing for yourself and finishing a few things sounds sure good to me. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been struggling with balance this year too and am making that a priority for 2017. I think I need to take a leaf out of your book and get those UFO's smashed next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be glad to have you back in blog land if you manage to keep up with your goal : ) Good luck with all your goals and have a great Solstice . Looking forward to seeing you in this space in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking forward to seeing your adventures.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you much success for your New Year! http://quiltlovefordomesticfelicity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are still here! There is definitely something to be said for NOT blogging--look at your Sleeping Under the Stars quilt finish! I know I will be continuing to strive for balance. As for yoga YAHOO! So glad you've started. It is phenomenal isn't it? And not just for the physical aspects. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great goals, Gina. Many belong on my list as well. I wish you good luck with them all and a happy, healthy 2017!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx