Pages

Thursday, 29 December 2016

Sneaking a final finish in for 2016

To be fair I finished this at the beginning of the month but it will be the last finish shown this year.

Back in early 2016 I joined in a cross stitch along hosted on Facebook by KLT Charting. It was two charts a month to make up 12 owls. The whole thing made a large picture.

To be different I decided to sew each owl on a separate piece of Aida to make a quilted  wallhanging.


The owls had all the same outline but the pattern inside and the eyes were different for each owl. I used a Navy Blue for the outline and various variegated hand dyed threads for the insides. The wings were cross stitched in a thread that matched.


I bordered each of the owls in a different fabric and then sewed them together using a white sashing. The border is a brightly coloured fabric which seemed to be made for this. I used a white thread to cross hatch the quilting up to the cross stitched panels and a white binding.


I'll be hanging this on the wall in the New Year. I just need to find the right spot.


7 comments:

  1. What a happy little quilt! I'd be tempted to talk to the owls as I passed by, as each seems to have its own story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun project and I think the multicoloured borders make it.
    Glenis

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so bright and cheerful! Thanks for linking up xxAli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable!!! I love owls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Gina! This is FABULOUS! What a great idea and what an amazing finish. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These owls are too cute! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx