Pages

Wednesday, 8 March 2017

Slow Progress is still Progress

Now I've time to get back in the sewing room this week I've been working on getting a UFO together.




Early last year I joined in on a mystery star BOM online. The blocks were free but for just the month they were published. The idea was to make a 12" and 6" version of each month's blocks.
Surprisingly for me I kept up and made all the blocks in the months they were due and then I ground to a halt.

This month is the month I get it finished though.

So far this week I've coloured in my quilt diagram.


 Bordered the 6" stars





Made all the setting units.



I'm now ready to construct the quilt.

As an added extra I made some more pinwheels. These I've sewn into two panels which I'll border, quilt and turn into two cushion covers.



I won't be sewing this weekend as we're away. Pictures of my trip to Belgium, which will include copious amounts of chocolate will appear next week.

5 comments:

  1. This is very pretty. I love the swirly fabric in the friendship star. I'm looking forward to seeing how the blocks all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your star blocks look really interesting - I am looking forward to seeing how it goes together. Lucky you with a trip to Belgium - have a chocolate for me! and have fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must feel very satisfying to be getting this done Gina - and they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx