Pages

Monday, 17 April 2017

Bees and Blocks

In a surprise to myself I've got my Bee blocks for this month done and out of the way.

First up is Liz's block in the Buzzy Friends Bee. She chose the Hidden Gem block, the details for which can be found HERE. Liz wanted hot pinks, purple, duck egg blue, grey and black for her block.


This is the second time I've made this block and it went together a lot quicker and easier this time than the first time I made it back last year in another Bee.
It's also the last month for this Bee. I don't know if the other ladies are carrying on but I'm not going for another round. I already have too many quilts on my to do list and will probably struggle to decide on what block would be for me.

The next block is for Sharon in the BeeABee quilt Bee for which we make two blocks.
She asked for a version of Bonnie Hunters String Spiderweb found HERE. The instructions were low volume centres and then anything goes for the strings.



The eagle eyed among you will notice that the quarters are not sewn together. This is deliberate as Sharon wants to mix and match them all when she gets them.
As you know I'm not a scrappy person but I do like the way these look together. Maybe a quilt to add to my bucket list, especially as they were very quick to make up.

Finally the sew a long I take part in on a Facebook group.
This runs like a Bee in that a Queen for each month chooses a block and we all make it, but for us instead of sending it out. It was my turn this month and I chose THIS BLOCK from Quilters Cache.


I'm making mine using bright colours on a variety of blacks for the backgrounds. I'm also doing a mix of 12" and 6" blocks o make a lap quilt at the end of the year.
So far I've a nice variety of blocks and can't wait to see what gets picked for May.


Talking of May, it'll be my turn to be Queen Bee for the BeeABee and I've already decided what I want so watch this space as I think the finished quilt will be fun.

2 comments:

  1. I love those spiderweb blocks. Once I have enough scrap I may need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you could have picked any more perfect fabrics for Liz's block. I will look stunning in her quilt. I really love all those bright colors against the black background for your Facebook sew along.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx