Pages

Saturday, 29 April 2017

Queen Bee

I'm Queen Bee for the month of May and I must admit I've had difficulty in choosing a pattern never mind a block. I've been on Pinterest for hours searching for something to spark me off. I've finally found it though, thankfully.

This month ( well May really) I'm asking for the Dresden Plate




Colours to be anything in the Hot range. Reds, oranges, yellows, pinks and purples. The brighter the better. Solids or otherwise. Think of flowers in a hot garden border such as below





As for the plate itself it can be any size up to 15" and any number of blades/petals. The only stipulation is not to attach it to a background. The reason for this is because these are the quilts for my inspiration





I plan on making the plates flowers on my quilt. I'm going to piece a background of light blues and greens to represent the sky and grass and applique them all on there. The size of the quilt will be according to how many and what size dresdens I get.

( I would like to give credit to these quilts and blocks but even chasing the links through Pinterest I'm none the wiser. If anyone knows please yell so I can give credit )

5 comments:

  1. Oh nice inspiration there, gardens and the wonderful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stunning quilts! and a super way to use Dresdens - I hope you get some lovely plates. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, this is going to be beautiful! What a great idea for a Bee block & project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I'll look forward to seeing the end result in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gina, I love Dresden Plates and you have given us some wonderful inspiration here....😀 Looking forward to making some for you. Love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx