Pages

Wednesday, 19 April 2017

Quilting Sampler

Easter Sunday saw me once again in my sewing room. This time for quilting.



I'd made this top a few years ago using a mini charm pack and black cotton. I don't know what I was trying to do here only that it hasn't worked and I don't like it.
I've sandwiched it up and I'm going to use it as a quilting sampler.

Using the seams of the charm squares I've grided the piece up into 2" squares and rectangles. Each square/rectangle will have a quilting pattern in them. Some will be repeated, some will be the only one depending on how I like it.

So far I've done all the squares around the centre.






Apart from the grid itself all the quilting is freehand, as you can probably work out by the wobbly lines.
Some of the designs have been inspired by others work and some have been made up on the spur of the moment. Some I'll use again and some I'll probably never use.
Here are some of my favourite  2"squares so far.






My pebbles have improved no end and I think the jigsaw and triangle fillers will feature quite alot in my future work.
Again I plan on working on this next weekend when I need to quilt the long rectangles around the outer edges of the quilt. .

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! It looks amazing! I love the way that if a project gets unappealing a bold technique can completely change it! I think that is why I love textiles so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just look at that quilting! Just shows that there is a use for most things if we put our mind to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Gina. It is going to be stunning when you have finished. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fabulous quilting, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific idea! Your quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to re pupose the quilt top - looks like fun too.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx