The baby quilt from the last post is all finished.
Some close ups of the quilting. I did a combination of lines and squiggles across the blocks. Some blocks I left unquilted, although all seam lines were stitched in the ditch. For the larger blocks I just quilted around the clouds, parachute and plane propellers to give a slight 3D effect.
I auditioned a few of the fabrics I used for the binding and finally settled on the orange.
Although it looks bright in the pics taken inside, that's nothing to how bright it is in proper sunlight.
Here it is drying on the line yesterday after having been in the washing machine.
I couldn't decide what to call it but as I was putting in the last stitch on the binding the song Aces High by Iron Maiden came on the radio. It's all about pilots and flying so it seemed appropriate.
This will be packaged off to it's new home next week after I've made a matching nappy basket.