Pages

Friday, 11 August 2017

All Caught Up

Now I've found my sewing machine ( see last post) I've been sewing.

One of the Facebook groups I belong to has a SAL/Bee. Basically it's a mash up of both. a different member each months posts a link to a 12" block and we all make them to keep. At the end of the year we all have the same sampler quilt but our own personal version.

I decided to make a mix of 12" and 6" blocks depending on the blocks chosen. As the last block I made was April I had a few to catch up on.



A few close ups with the block names. All are from Quilters Cache and should be 12". I've shrunk the first 3 down to 6".





The last one I've kept at 12".


 The eagle eyed among you may notice that the star is spinning in the opposite direction to the pic on the instructions. I decided to try and make life easier by foundation piecing it. I drew it out in EQ but forgot that this would make it backwards. Not that it matters that much.


 I'm not sure if I did make life easier for myself to be honest as there were a lot of sections to put together. It did avoid the silly measurements  of 16ths though.


And all the block together so far.


I need to start playing in EQ with quilt layouts as to how to set them. I want to keep with the scrappy theme

4 comments:

  1. Looks great. I do think EQ ought to ask ought to default to print as designed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blocks so far, and samplers are so much more interesting when the blocks aren't all the same size!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks, I like the black backgrounds. Nice idea to vary the size. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx