Pages

Sunday, 13 August 2017

I hear voices

I was in the local Quilt Shop the other week buying Bondaweb. I had no interest in buying fabric at all. Honest.

Anyway I walked in and got chatting, as you do. Whilst I was passing the time of the day I started hearing a whisper. " Buy me, buy me". Well it got louder and louder and being a good girl who always does as she's told ( well nearly always) I picked up these FQs from the display


and added them to total.

These are Lewis and Irene fabrics from two different ranges. The floral is from the new Celtic Blessings range and the blenders from the Bumbleberries range but they blend really well together.

I couldn't decide what to do with them so just played with some 9 patches.


I ended up making 7 of them

I then decided to cut them up to make a disappearing nine patch runner.

Well I cut them up and completely changed my mind. I made 7 different blocks by mixing and matching and different placements.



I'll now be making these into cushions for the lounge. Well after I've been back to the quilt shop to get some more fabric for borders and backing. This time though I'm putting in ear plugs so no more fabric can call me.



5 comments:

  1. Those opinionated fabrics are the best, I mean, the WORST. Lol, lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I had some fabric call my name on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can quite see why they spoke to you - gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful fabrics! I'm glad you listened!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx