Pages

Friday, 1 September 2017

my Goal for September

I know I'm following the Xmas QAL but if I'm not careful all my posts for the coming weeks will be all that and you'll soon get bored. 

I had a hunt through my WIP/UFO tub and have decided that September will be the month I finally get Simple Times together. 


This was a BOM from quite a few years ago that I started because I liked the colour scheme. As per normal I started well and kept up and then life happened and I fell behind. Over a few months at the beginning of the year I finally made all the blocks.



I even managed to get one row sashed


and then once again I came to a halt. I think it's because the actual fabrics are paler than advertised and I'm not a fan of pale colours. I like bold and bright.

So I'm making it public. September is the month I get the centre sashed and together. Make all the Dresdens and border and get it into a finished top. I'm not planning on getting it sandwiched and quilted. I think that may be a few steps too far.

linking up with OMG - September on Elm Street Quilts 

7 comments:

  1. You can do it! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep telling yourself how great it will feel to have this one to the flimsy stage. (I have had success selling flimsies -- unquilted tops -- on Facebook sales groups. So if you don't really want this to hang around for a long time unquilted, and if you don't really want to put the time and energy into quilting it, you could consider that.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds doable. Small pieces at a time will get you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big plans! I hope you enjoy the process. It is going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt, gorgeous colours😀😀 yes, you can do it girl....younare definitely on a roll at the moment. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better late that never with commenting! I do like your fabrics and the first row sashed is splendid!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx